NOTE: This treatment regime is for those who either do not want to, or cannot take antibiotics. If you have found that antibiotics are not working, you cannot afford to go to the doctor, or you plain just want to feel worlds better when you get over the infection, then try this treatment. I developed this treatment for my recurring sinus infections and chronic Bronchitis. I have had Bronchitis and sinus infections for the last 20 years and many antibiotics no longer work for me. This treatment regime does work, and it has worked for me multiple times — even when some very powerful antibiotics did not work. However, you cannot cheat, and you must be “religious” about taking your supplements.
Be advised — you bear the responsibility for determining if this is an appropriate treatment for you. It is your sole responsibility to determine how you react to the supplements listed. It is your sole responsibility to insure you treat yourself in a responsible manner. I cannot guarantee this works in each and every case — you must determine that for yourself.
If you contact me, I will try to provide whatever information I can to assist you. You may contact me at paulATreproachofmen.org (replace the AT with @). Nevertheless, the responsibility for any course of action you take remains solely yours.
I would be irresponsible if I did not inform you of the above. I am NOT God and I DO NOT know how you body will react to the supplements or the sinus flush.
You can use a commercially available sinus rinse bottle for this, or purchase a ear bulb and use it exclusively for this purpose. You will need:
Glass measuring cup of at least 8 oz. capacity. Sinus flush mix Distilled water ONLY — (do not use tap water) Measuring spoon
The mix (you may purchase it, though it is far less expensive to mix it yourself): Equal parts of non-iodized salt and baking soda You may add a 1/3 proportion of Xylitol if you wish. To Use:
- Pour 8 oz. distilled water in the measuring cup.
- Warm the distilled water 30-35 seconds in a microwave.
- Or, heat the water on the stove until sufficiently hot and adjust with cold/cool water.
- Take ¼ to ½ teaspoon of the above mix and stir it in the water until dissolved.
- If you are using a rinse bottle, pour the solution into the bottle and rinse per the directions that came with the bottle.
- If you are using a ear bulb you will have to lean down and position your head so that the solution will gravity flow into your sinuses. When flushing by this method, you must alternate sides to insure that the solution enters all sinus passages. After you fill one side, tilt your head and allow the solution to drain out before you do the other side.
Please be aware that your sinuses will trap some of the solution that will come out later. This will loosen infection and bring it out. It also will kill bacteria that are in your sinuses and help fight the infection.
Addendum to sinus flush (if you can handle it)
- If you are allergic to Cayenne Pepper — DO NOT DO THIS!
- If you have problems handling intense pain — DO NOT DO THIS!
However, the benefits in fighting a nasty sinus infection are wonderful.
Take a clean 8-12 cup coffee filter and place some (not much — just a few flakes and seeds) in the coffee filter and twist it closed so that it forms a makeshift “tea bag.” After you pour the warm/hot water into the cup (and before you adjust the temperature by adding cool/cold water), steep the makeshift “tea bag” in the water until the water just discolors (THIS IS YOUR ONLY INDICATOR OF THE STRENGTH — THE MORE RED THE WATER — THE STRONGER IT WILL BE). If you get it too strong, it will be excruciatingly painful. Adjust the temperature of the water and proceed as normal.
Some things of note about Cayenne Pepper:
- Flushing your sinuses with it will not harm your sinus tissues.
- The pain from the flush is temporary (lasts about 5 minutes)
- The pain is nowhere near the pain of a massive sinus headache from badly infected sinuses (ask me how I know).
- Cayenne Pepper is a vascular dilator. As such, it will open everything in your sinuses up to some degree more than they were. This will cause everything to begin breaking loose (which is what you want to happen).
Bronchitis Treatment (without prescription antibiotics)
The treatment requires the following four supplements: (NOTE: If your allergic to any of the items then do not take that item.)
- Vitamin C
Dosage (Garlic and Echinacea/Goldenseal doses will depend upon the particular supplement brand you use)
- 3000mg Vitamin C per DAY — 1000mg x 3
- maximum recommended dosage of Garlic — 3 x per DAY
- 150mg Zinc per DAY — 50mg x 3 (absolutely no more than 50mg per dose – you will get sick if you exceed 50mg per dose)
- maximum recommended dosage of Echinacea/Goldenseal — 3 x per DAY
It is best to take the dosages with a meal. Do not continue this regime for more than one month. Generally, you will see good results within two weeks. Continue the treatment for one week after you are well. Things that reduce or eliminate the effectiveness of this treatment:
Coffee will reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and smoking and alcohol will eliminate it totally. No, I do not smoke or drink. I have had people try the treatment who did. In every case, if they did not stop smoking and consuming alcohol while doing the treatment they wasted their time and money. I love coffee. However, to insure the most effective treatment, stop drinking coffee while doing the treatment. It won’t kill you (I know you think it will, but it won’t) and you will get well that much faster.